2011-12-08 18:41:57This article has been read 693 times.
Security has been beefed up in the Gushegu District in the Northern Region following a shooting incidence last Wednesday that claimed over a dozen lives of Fulanis.
Gushegu District Chief Executive, Fuseini Alhassan confirmed to Ghanadistricts.com that thirteen people have been confirmed dead in the district following the attack from some unknown assailants. He said the bodies of the deceased have so far been deposited at the Gushegu District Hospital.
The incident which happened at Zamashegu and surrounding communities, all farming communities also resulted in the destruction of houses and properties.
The DCE however assured that the security services have the situation under control with reinforcement from other places and investigation into the matter has commenced to unravel those behind the attack.
He therefore urged residents to carry on with their lawful activities and allow the security to do their job.
Meanwhile, the DCE said some residents from the said communities have moved to the District Police station for fear of further attacks.