Should Dagbon be divided to create the Eastern Corridor Region?
Yes
No
Only if Yendi is Capital City
view results

World Vision Provides Funds for Nyankpala Module School


2008-04-28 22:22:02
This article has been read 689 times.

Alhaji Wahab Suhuyini Wumbei, the Tolon/Kumbungu District Chief Executive, has cut the sod for the construction of a module school complex for the Nyankpala community.

World Vision-Ghana is providing 60 per cent of the cost of the project estimated at GH¢796,926.87 while the district assembly takes up the remaining 40 per cent.

Ms Faustina Melody Tietah, the Acting District Development Programmes Manager who jointly cut the sod with Mr Wumbei, said the Nyankpala community was chosen due to the declining trend of education in the area.

She said the three-phase project comprised building a three-classroom nursery block with kitchen and storeroom and a recreational centre with playing equipment as well as a seven-classroom primary block with an office.

Phase two of the project would comprise a four-classroom Junior High School block with a headmaster's office and a staff common room. A school library and an Information Technology Resource Training Centre would also be built.

Ms Tietah said phase three would be the construction of a KVIP and a borehole in addition to a school bus.

Ms Tietah said World Vision-Ghana was living up to its objectives of helping the vulnerable in society and assisting to improve education and expressed the hope that the phase one of the project would be completed within six months.

She appealed to parents to take advantage of the project and enrol their children particularly, girls, in the school when completed. She commended the chief and people Nyankpala for releasing a 15-acre land for the project and appealed to them to regard the facility as their own and help to ensure its completion on schedule.

Alhaji Wumbei said the district assembly was doing all that it could to address the problem of high illiteracy in the district to enhance development and prosperity in the area.

He expressed appreciation to World Vision-Ghana for the initiative and gave the assurance that the assembly would monitor the project to ensure that it was completed without any hindrance.

Source: GNA

Latest News
Vitting SHS students ‘sleeping under trees’


Abudus withdraw from Dagbon peace talks again


Tamale residents defend Mayor as impeachment agitation gathers momentum


Two killed in ‘attack’ on Fulanis at Yendi


Tamale Mayor faces impeachment over ‘stinking’ contracts, disrespect


'Mahama Camboo' collapsing taxi business


‘Yellow-Yellow’, the ‘Uber’ of Tamale pushing taxi drivers out of busine


Buipe SHS matron arrested for stealing free SHS food


NPP youth invade police station, free suspects in Karaga


NPP youth chase DCE out of his residence


back January 2018 forward
S
MTWTF
S
123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031
-
30

currently online

2203507

visitors since Jan. 2006
Last updated: