The Tamale Police say they will take steps to open the administrative offices of the Tamale Teaching Hospital with or without the keys said to be in the custody of a vigilante group affiliated to the governing New Patriotic Party.

Northern Region Police PRO ASP Mohammed Tanko told Joy News they will work in concert with the embattled CEO, David Zaawumya Kolbila and the administrator to have the offices opened for work to continue on Tuesday.

Mr Kolbila and his officers were marched out of their offices, Monday morning by vigilante group said to be affiliated with the governing New Patriotic Party.

A video which captured the marching off orders by the vigilante group has since gone viral on social media.

The TTH CEO and his officers were seen helplessly walking out of the office on the orders of the men in mufti with bags strapped behind their backs.

The group is accusing Mr Kolbila of mismanagement, corruption and nepotism. The group is alleging that Dr Kolbila has established a number of companies which he is using to lobby for supplies for the hospital.

Initial reports suggested the invasion was carried out by the Kandahar Boys, a vigilante group affiliated to the NPP, but the group has since denied any involvement.

They have issued a statement to vehemently deny their involvement. Joy News’ Tamale correspondent Martina Bugri, told Joy News the offices of the TTH CEO still remain locked hours after it was locked by the group.

She, however, stated that work at the teaching hospital is going on smoothly despite the action by the youth group.

Reacting to the matter, the Northern Region PRO said they are yet to receive an official complaint from the CEO about what exactly happened.

ASP Mohammed Tanko said they got to the scene after the incident had happened and were unable to make an arrest.

When his attention was drawn to the video which has since gone viral David Zaawumya Kolbila said they are putting the pieces of video and audio evidence together to find the culprits.

He was however disappointed the TTH CEO did not get in touch with the police shortly after the incident.

He also denied assertion the police have been neutralized in their attempt to arrest the perpetrators especially when attacks like this have been rampant.

ASP Mohammed Tanko said they have not gotten enough assistance from hospital authorities to get to the bottom of the matter.

He hoped with the recent attack the police will get full cooperation from David Zaawumya Kolbila and his men so that they can get to the bottom of the matter.